At St Clair Anglican Church we recognise our responsibilities with regard to dealing carefully and properly with the information we collect and retain for our ministry purposes.
We seek to comply with the National Privacy Principles, as summarised below: Collection of Information – we collect information only for the purposes of the ministry and related activities of St Clair Anglican Church. No one is under any compulsion to give us any personal information unless they wish to. Use and Disclosure of Information – we use
- Collection of Information – we collect information only for the purposes of the ministry and related activities of St Clair Anglican Church. No one is under any compulsion to give us any personal information unless they wish to.
- Use and Disclosure of Information – we use information only for the purposes we have declared. Permission will be sought before using the information in any other way.
- Data Quality – we will endeavour at all times to keep our personal information complete, accurate and up to date.
- Data Security – we will protect personal information from unauthorised disclosure and misuse. We will usually destroy or permanently de-identify personal information when we no longer need it.
- Access and Correction – we undertake to provide individuals with access to their personal information and to take reasonable steps to correct any errors.
- Identifiers – we will not use any Government or agency identifiers to identify an individual.
- Anonymity – if requested, where lawful and practicable we will deal with people who prefer to remain anonymous.
- Transborder Data Flow – we will not transfer any personal information to any overseas organisation which is not subject to similar Privacy laws to those of Australia.
- Sensitive information – when we collect sensitive information (eg health, race, ethnic origins, religious beliefs, etc) it will be only in relation to the ministry of St Clair Anglican Church.
St Clair Anglican Church Web Site (SCACWeb)
Because of the nature of web sites, information may be gathered as part of the normal viewing and use of the site. Most of this is anonymous, but this is a summary of how information may be gathered and used on SCACWeb:
By registering on this site, the user is required to nominate a username and password. A "Screen Name" should be provided, and a valid email address is required. This email address will only be used purposes related to this web-site.
The St Clair Anglican Church website (SCACWeb) gathers information revealed by the browser to compile statistics including, but not limited to, IP address/network address, Operating System, time of visit, how the site was reached (referrer), screen resolution and depth of screen colours.
These statistics do not reveal the identity of the user. These statistics are used for the purpose of developing SCACWeb to best meet users needs.
Cookies are used on this web-site to provide convenience to the user - the site will use the cookies to "remember" a user on their next visit.
This web-site provides the capability for web-site users to enter comments. The only fields that will be displayed publicly are “Name”, “URL” and “Your Comment ”. Whilst the “Email” field will be recorded, it will not be displayed public. The email address will be used to notify a commentor of follow-up comments if that option is selected.
Contact / Feedback / Registration
Any details provided using the email address or contact form on the Contact page are used solely for the purpose intended. In addition, details supplied by specific purpose online forms, be it for the purposes of feedback or registration, will be used for the purpose intended only. These details are not provided to third parties or recorded unless required.
St Clair Anglican Church members are invited to join email lists. These lists are moderated, and membership is restricted to those allowed by the moderators. The email address of users is visible to the moderators, however, the members email details are not available to the public or members of the email list.
*Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view PDF files.
Privacy Compliance Officer